Is it Time to Get Your Investment Plans in Order?
Changing jobs, due to a layoff or to pursue a new opportunity, can be a particularly stressful time in your life. With any new start, there is a lot to consider so it can be easy to overlook the steps necessary to keeping your financial accounts in order.
In fact, one of the biggest mistakes a departing employee makes is forgetting to rollover their 401(k) prior to them leaving their job.
August Wealth Management has extensive experience working with clients to help them rollover their 401(k) plans from the corporate world, 403(b) plans from a non-profit, and a thrift savings plan (TSP) from a government entity. So, if you made your investment choices years ago and have not updated them, we can help.
Issues we can assist you with:
- Understanding what your current retirement plan does for you
- Discovering options for your plan after you have left your employer
- Updating your beneficiaries and coordinating with your estate plan
- Explaining why you might want to consider placing your retirement plan funds into a rollover IRA account
- Creating and managing an integrated investment plan that includes all your investable assets